Wednesday, September 9, 2015

50 Songs (and counting!) for When You Really Miss Someone

Music.

Somehow, the combination of words and sounds can make me feel like I am both expressing how I feel, and being understood for how I feel, all at once.  Just like the value of a good cry or having a friend to vent to without repercussion, music is extremely therapeutic.

The following list contains 50 songs (with more being added after publishing!) from an ongoing modern/indie love song playlist we've compiled for those who, particularly, are separated, missing one another, waiting for one another, and/or navigating obstacles.  Our list has about 108 songs on it, but these are some of my favorites.

If you're the type of person who looks to music to help understand what you are feeling, try a few of these out.  I've organized the list to start off soft, build up, and then come back down again. Hopefully I didn't misplace anything and kill the flow!

Starting off slow and thoughtful...
1. "Nashville" - Keeley Valentino
2. "Throw Me A Rope" - KT Tunstall (featured)
3. "I Knew This Would Be Love" - Imaginary Future
4. "Never Be Alone" - Shawn Mendes
5. "Bloom" - The Paper Kites
6. "Til Kingdom Come" - Coldplay
7. "The Promise" - Tracy Chapman
8. "Simple As It Should Be" - Tristan Prettyman
9. "In My Arms" - Jon Foreman
10. "I Just Want You" - Sara Bareilles
11. "I Miss You" Blink 182
12. "Un-thinkable" - Daniela Andrade
  

Getting a little peppy...
* "Missin' You Like Crazy" - Us the Duo <--bonus song added in
13. "Better Together" - Jack Johnson
14. "Cupid" - Daniel Powter
15. "You Always Make Me Smile" - Kyle Andrews
16. "Be My Forever" - Christina Perri (featured)
17. "Something We Just Know" - Twin Forks


Rock out!
18. "Test 1,2" - Air Traffic Controller
19. "First Flight Home" - Jake Miller (featured)
20. "Come To Me" - The Goo Goo Dolls
21. "If It Means A Lot To You" - A Day to Remember
22. "Another Song bout The Weekend" - A Day to Remember


Slow it down...
23. "Slow It Down" - The Goo Goo Dolls
24. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab for Cutie
25. "Like Home" - Colin & Caroline
26. "Bright" - Echosmith
27. "Love Someone" - Jason Mraz
28. "Perfect Storm" - Tristan Prettyman
29. "I Will Wait For You" - Us the Duo (featured)
30. "It's Getting Better" - Imaginary Future
31. "First Day Of My Life" - Bright Eyes
32. "The Girl" - City and Colour
*"Long Distance" - Bruno Mars <bonus song added in (also featured)
33. "Everyone's Got Something" - Perrin Lamb
34. "The Shape Of Us" - Ian Britt
35. "More Than Gravity" - Colin & Caroline
* "I Choose You" -  Sara Bareilles <bonus song added in
36. "Solo Para Ti" - Camila
37. "Stuck On You" - Meiko 
38. "Bonfire Heart" - James Blunt
39. "Good Day For Marrying You" - Dave Barnes
*"I Won't Give Up" -- Jason Mraz <bonus song added



Thoughtful, reflective, a "longing in your heart"
40. "Take Me Home" - Us the Duo (featured)
41. "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
42. "You and Me" - You+Me
43. "Forever" - Ben Harper
44. "Marry Me" - Train
45. "One Moment More" - Mindy Smith
46. "You Are The Only One" - The Last Bison
47. "No Such Thing As Time" - Elenowen
48. "Tee Shirt" - Birdy
49. "Turning Page" - Sleeping At Last
50. "To Build A Home"- The Cinematic Orchestra



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like u are very positive person :) Im waiting almost 4 month (still no interview) and every day just harder and harder to keep mood up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matshushka, I feel your pain very much. If it's any consolation I can provide, it gets a little less painful after the 6-month mark. I don't know why.. maybe it's the psychology of realizing you have already made it half a year, and you realize that in just 3 little months more, it will already by 9 months. I am striving every day to get to the 9-month mark. I feel like by then, I will be well on my way to the finish line. But 0 - 6 months were just so devastatingly hard. It feels like a lifetime, with so much more distance to go. Just keep ALWAYS reminding yourself of the truth: That one day in the not-so-distant future, your wait *will* be over. And one day (as hard as it may seem to believe), we actually will barely remember this tough struggle. We will forget the daily pain and stress and frustration. One day, it will all be a faded memory. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Add "Oceans Away" by Roger Daltry. Trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete